donderdag 18 augustus 2011

Change and happiness... (jaja, in het Engels...)

I must have been27 when I met her. At that time I was working as a steward in a Dutch airline. She boarded to fly from Amsterdam to Nice to visit some friends. I took one look at her and I knew we were made for each other. I guided her personally to her seat, which happened to be on the third row from where I was seated. She was looking at me in the same way I was looking at her, like she read my mind and knew what I was thinking. Getting slightly warm and gaving her my most special smile that said:' Yes, we are going to have sex, no doubt about it.'

It turned out she lived in the Netherlands a few years earlier and she was going to visit some friends in Nice. Her voice sounded American but sweet-more sophisticated. When I asked her where she came from, her answer was British Columbia, Canada. Damn, I loved Canada and her parents instantly. This butterfly flew from Canada just to meet me, this much I knew. I didn't believe in destiny and all that shit, but she must have been my reward for being such a nice guy .

During my speech, welcoming all the other passengers, she kept on looking at me with little devils playing hide and seek in her eyes. While she was writing in her diary I seated myself next to her. I had millions of questions in my mind, but only tea or coffee came out. She asked me to write something down in her mind book. I wrote:' If you cannot hear the music, you'll think the dancer is mad, completing it with my email address and mobile number. Only one hour and forty minutes later the airplane touched down at Nice airport.

She waited until all the others disembarked and gave me a note, a smile and a look that burned. The captain, standing next to me to personally say goodbye to the passengers whispered:' In the pocket Tudé!' My eyes saw her flutter to the bus taking her to the arrival hall. The note said:' Hi I'm Morgan and I hear the music!' Arriving back in Amsterdam I immediately walked up to the scheduling department to ask them to plan me on the flight three days later to pick her up again. Not knowing I was already planned on this one. The devil must have been on my side, I could almost hear him giggle.

Again she entered my domain three later. Slightly tanned and wearing leather trousers she gave me three kisses. She liked the Dutch way of saying hello and softly said she missed me. This girl knew exactly what a guy wants to hear to get him all fired up. I extinguished the fire starting in my pants and continued my speech in Dutch, English and French. 'There are six emergency sexits, oxygen can be sucked out and in case of a crash, stay seated and let me and Morgan leave the plane before all of you.'

During the flight back I was wondering how to smuggle this extinct species through customs. During landing I looked at her and concentrated on what she wanted me to lipread. I concluded it was:' Take me home with you!' And so I did. We drove to my place and both had our lips firmly shut, like a vault in a bank. Split seconds after we entered my Playboy mansion. Fourteen hours later we were hungry as wolves, completely exhausted by...well...talking so much. Kids are reading this blog as well:-)

For a week we made love Ron Jeremy style, talked days on end about life, change and happiness and music. At that point she had to get back to Canada and I had to report fit again at work. I drove her to Schiphol and again silence. We agreed to email and call each other every other day, which for the next couple of months we did. I really felt this was the one, she was the red pill. I decided to quit my job and leave for Canada to romantically follow all the songs there are written about love and following the heart. I gave her a call a day before I wanted to leave my home town, elaborating my plans. The other end of the line did not react. After a minute or so there was here warm voice answering me:'I guess John would not be so happy about you coming over...'
It appeared she forgot to mention she had a boyfriend:-)
Change can cause happiness and cause change, causing happiness again.

Based on a true story and off course names have been changed.
Morgan is happily married with John and raising their lovely baby boy Valentine in Canada. Tudé is writing short stories about life, love, change and happiness, and still lives in the Netherlands.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten