zaterdag 10 december 2011

Just a dream...

I woke up this morning, opened my eyes and wondered what the world would look like today. Woke up yesterday and the first thing I saw was a wonderful light. She peered through my curtains.
She was purple and orange mixed with a sparkle of gold.
I opened them immediately and started singing the same song I have been singing for years. Sponteaniously birds came flying towards my window sill.
They sang with me, knodding their little coloured heads on the beat of my song.

Together we sang hello to the morning, wishing her a good day.
And a good day it became...

I walked through the sunny streets of my imagination and saw people dressed in in nothing but their thoughts.
Some were dressed in copperlike metallic material, moving to the motion of the  ocean, a smile on their faces. Other were completely black with sad faces and worrying looks. I wondered why people think and not act. I wondered why people are so much alike and still so different. All the influences surrounding me startled me a bit.
At what point in life did we decide that we distinguish ourselves from the animals? Do animals not have years of experience how things are done? Don't animals have the wisdom of age? They have learned from mistakes made in the past?

Being the man that I am I have questions. 

Being the man that I am I question reality and look into my fantasies for anwers. Sometimes fantasies bare more truth than fiction.

And in my fantasies I experience a wonderful world apart from reality.
People are honest, real and warm. They can fly above the oceans, swim in blue skies and sing as loud as thunderstorms. There are no boundaries in my imagination.
Being the man that I am, I accept my fantasy and live by it.


At that point I woke up singing the same song I have been singing for years...




2 opmerkingen:

  1. you are a poet
    and you know it
    I'm proud of you amice
    maar overdrijf je niet een pietsje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ;-) overdrijven is mijn werk, ben net een wolkje...of slecht weer

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen